Last updated: 1 July 2021
services and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law protects You.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words in which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
“Account” means an individual Account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
“Company” (referred to as either “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Stratafin.
“Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a Website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that Website among its many Uses.
“Country” refers to South Africa
“Device” means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
“Personal Information” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
“Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of the Company, perform services related to the Service, or assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is Used.
“Third-party Social Media Service” refers to any Website or any social network Website through which a User can log in or create an Account to Use the Service.
“Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the Use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“Website” refers to Stratafin, accessible from www.stratafin.co.za
“You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the Company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While Using Our Website, we may ask You to provide Us with certain Personal Information that can be Used to contact or identify You. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when Using Our Website.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access Our Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You Use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You Use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Website or when You access Our Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
The technologies We Use may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activities on Our Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those Used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects
Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Website and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Stratafin, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about Cookies: https://www.privacypolicies.com/blog/Cookies/
We Use both Session, and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through Our Website and to enable You to Use some of its features. They help to authenticate Users and prevent fraudulent Use of User Accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only Use these Cookies to offer You those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You Use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
Stratafin may Use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Website, including monitoring the Usage of Our Website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a User of Our Website. The Personal Information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of Our Website that are available to You as a registered User.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s pUsh notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may Use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service Users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may Use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying Usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improve Our Website, products, services, marketing, and Your experience.
We may share Your Personal Information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze Our Websites’s Use to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another Company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Stratafin will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is Used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Website, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Information is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, Stratafin may be required to disclose Your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to public authorities’ valid requests (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Stratafin may disclose Your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Stratafin
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Information, it is impossible to guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with their Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
By Email: [email protected]
By Telephone: 011 051 8555